History / Shareholding
STVA, Société de Transports de Véhicules Automobiles, was founded on 25 October 1950 with its initial task being the transport of vehicles by rail.
65 years later, STVA has become one of the leaders in finished vehicle logistics in Europe and has a complete network of resources: storage compounds, multi-modal terminals, workshops, car trucks and specialised car railwagons.
This international development took place step by step, via progressive controlled expansion across Europe and the development of expertises in all the fields of distribution logistics for finished vehicles. In 2015, STVA Group has decided to work under one single brand : STVA, throughout Europe, to reinforce its visibility on the market and to gather all the teams.
2017 : STVA join the Groupe CAT company
2016 : Unic Brand STVA for all the subsidiaries and deployment of our Core Values
2015 : STVA launches a specific offer for used cars “STVA Box” and a new International Road transport
2012: Creation of GSTM in Morocco
2011: Majority stake in Benga in Romania
2010: Majority stake in Egerland in Germany
2006: Majority stake in Helf in Germany
2002: Acquisition of holdings in Egerland and Helf in Germany
1997: Creation of Mostva in Poland
1996: Creation of STVA UK in Great Britain, Acquisition of holdings in SITFA in Italy
1988: Strengthening of road transport with the acquisition of Uniroute in France
1986: Acquisition of holdings in SETRAM in Spain
1981: Opening of the first distribution platform in France
1968: Diversification into road transport with the purchase of TransportVoiture in Belgium
1950: Creation of the Société de Transport de Véhicules Automobiles, specialising in rail transport.